SRI ORION Sutures is the foremost Indian organization to manufacture and launch Polyglactin 910 suture in the Indian market. This suture is accessible under the brand name of Petcryl 910.
Polyglactin 910 contains co polymers derived from 10% L-lactide and 90% glycolide. Its attributes are similar to the design and features of Vicryl sutures. Polyglactin suture is utilized during ligation procedure that involves fastening ligature securely around duct or blood vessels via surgical method and soft tissue approximation that promotes side by side positioning of tissue edges. The offered Petcry suture continues to hold around 70 % of its tensile strength after fourteen days of its insertion in the body. Slight tissue reaction is noticed at the time of absorption stage of this suture.
The suture of Polyglactin is preferred over catgut suture in terms of its fixed and obvious absorption level and better tensility level. Most importantly, the tissue reactivity level of Polyglactin is much lower than its catgut counterpart. Moreover, the knot holding attributes of Polyglactin suture is higher than its PGA based version.
Customers can obtain Polyglactin stuture both in violet and colorless options and its U.S.P size ranges between 2 to 6.
- Produced by chemical synthesis, Polyglactin suture is known for its twisted and coated pattern and high absorption capacity.
- This stature can be accessed with or without needle facility option and its U.S.P size is 2 to 6.
- This suture contains co polymers of 10% L-lactide and 90% glycolide.
- Coating made of same amount of glactide and lactide based co polymer and calcium stearate have been used to coat this suture.
- This suture uses conventional hydrolytic absorption technique.
- The offered suture can hold its 70% strength post fourteen days of its fixing.
- The special co polymer based glycolide and L-lactide coating of Petcryl 910 suture helps to maintain its smooth surface condition that promotes its trouble free passing via tissue.
- The suture of Petcryl 910 possesses good knotting attributes.
- The offered suture uses high strength alloy steel fabricated needle that guarantees about its high efficiency level and pointed edge.
- Brand name: PETCRYL ® 910
- Coated & Braided Polyglactin – 910
- Synthetic absorbable surgical suture U.S.P.
- The suture of Petcryl 910 is recommended for ligation and side by side positioning of tissue edges via tissue approximation surgical procedure. This suture is suitable for ophthalmic purpose and is prohibited for neurological as well as cardiovascular applications. Aromatic organic compound based CI solvent violet (that ranks 13 in color index) has been used to dye this suture (=CI #60725).
- Contraindications: Known for its high absorption capacity, this suture is not recommended for extended tissue approximation based surgery.
- Warnings: The user of this suture should possess basic knowledge regarding surgical method where utilization of synthetic suture is needed to avoid surgical split. The type of suture needs to be chosen on the basis of its composition and the type of wound. The surgeons should select suture by considering the effect of suture on living organism (as per ACTIONS section). Petcryl 910 suture is not suitable for aged or ill fed or physically weak patients or having health condition that may retard curing of injury. The surgeon should decide whether application of non absorbable suture should be used or not for tissues that have gone through distention, stretching and expansion process or tissues that need supplementary support. Abstain from re sterilizing this suture. Dump suture in case its packaging is opened even though it has not been used. Suture that exposes to saline solution (released from biliary or urinary tract) for longer period tends to accumulate calculus. Being absorbent by nature, the suture of Petcryl 910 may infect wound. It is, therefore, advised to use this suture under the guidance of certified medical professionals.
- Sutures that are implanted directly on skin can lead to skin irritation after seven or more than seven days of its insertion. It is recommended to remove the suture after specific duration as directed by surgeon.
- In special orthopedic cases, this suture can be used as external supporting medium by immobilizing joint in consultation with surgeon.
- One should also consult with medical practitioner prior to the implantation of absorbable suture in case the tissues of wounded area have insufficient blood circulation level.
- Special care needs to be taken during insertion and managing of suture to avert crack of wounded part.
- One should also remain careful to avoid damage caused by rough handling of surgical accessories like needle holder or forceps. Specially designed square and flat ties are suggested to use while handling Petcryl 910 sutures and it needs to be applied under the supervision of veteran medical professionals. It is advised to keep this suture away from high temperature.
- To prevent damage of swage section and needle points, it is recommended to maintain ½ or 1/3 distance from swage section to the needle point. One should avoid reshaping the needle point as it can cause breakage and may affect bending strength of needles. The surgical needles should be handled carefully to avoid mishap. Used needles should be always disposed of.
- Adverse reactions:The negative effects of this device includes sudden splitting of wounds; improper wounded tissue closure during stretching, expansion and distention of tissue; non accomplishment of providing necessary supporting system of wound for aged, ailing and ill fed patients or persons going through physical condition that may hinder wound curing process; contamination; mild inflammatory feeling in tissue; skin irritation in case the suture remains for more than seven days of its implantation; slow absorption level of tissues having insufficient blood circulation level; generation of calculi in biliary as well as in urinary tract due to longer exposure of suture to saline solution like bile and urine and transitory irritation on injured part. Damaged needle may also promote emergence of foreign or contaminated substances in injured section. Negligence regarding inappropriate handling of needles with infected and used surgical needle can lead to contamination via generation of pathogens in blood.
- Sterility: Ethylene oxide is used to disinfect Petcryl 910 sutures. It is advised not to use the suture in case its packaging is unsealed or damaged. De sterilization of this suture is not recommended. Dump the unused and opened suture.
- Storage: This suture needs to be stored in less than 25 degree C temperature and the storage area should be free from the source of heat and moisture. Check the expiry date prior to its using.
- This suture is separately packed in pharmaceutical grade paper based folder
- Each paper based folder containing suture is packed in a tear proof aluminum foil having lower than 300 ppm humidity level.
- Another pharmaceutical grade paper based laminated pouch with polyester film based coating is used to re pack this aluminum foil based packing.
- The entire packed item is again packed in 320 GSM Cyber XLPac based carton and each carton has total 12 packs of suture.
- The carton box is again packed in tamper protected laminated film to avoid dust or dirt.
- A 7 ply master carton with 100 to 200 boxes storage capacity is used for its final packaging. The weight of this carton ranges between 9 kg to 18 kg.
|Needle Length ||Needle Description ||Suture Length ||Suture Size in USP |
|6-0 (0.7) ||5-0 (1) ||4-0 (1.5) ||3-0 (2) |
|8 mm, 8mm |
|1/4 Circle micro point spatulated ||45 cm ||OS 2670 || || || |
|12 mm ||3/8 Circle Reverse Cutting ||45 cm || ||OS 2493 ||OS 2494 ||OS 2495 |
|16 mm ||1/2 Circle Round Body ||45 cm || ||OS 2303 || || |
|16 mm ||5/8 Circle Cutting ||45 cm || || ||OS 2465 || |
|16 mm ||3/8 Circle Prime Cutting ||45 cm || ||OS 2442 ||OS 2443 ||OS 2471 |
|30 mm ||3/8 Circle Round Bodied ||76 cm || || ||OS 4216 ||OS 4217 |
|30 mm ||1/2 Circle Round Bodied ||76 cm || || ||OS 4241 ||OS 4242 |
|30 mm Heavy ||1/2 Circle Round Bodied ||76 cm || || || ||OS 4254 |
|36 mm, 36 mm |
|1/2 Circle Round Bodied ||152 cm || || ||OS 4277 || |
|40 mm ||3/8 Circle Round Bodied ||76 cm || || ||OS 4220 ||OS 4221 |
|40 mm ||1/2 Circle Round Bodied ||76 cm || || ||OS 4245 ||OS 4246 |